Sunday, 7 July 2013

Review: Evermore (The Immortals, #1)

Evermore {The Immortals, #1}/ Alyson Noel

I expected it to be bad. But it was worse that I could have ever imagined.

Ever Bloom (what's with the erotic novel name?) is a psychic after she almost dies with her family in a car crash, and she's the only survivor. She becomes an outcast by choice, leaving her glamorous past of school popularity and mourns about her family every five minutes. Until she meets Damen. Because then, she mourns every two seconds while blaming herself for their death.

Plot:
Many years ago, when I first attempted to read this book (it's been on my shelf since middle school) one of my classmates who read it, and I quote her, said: "it's just like twilight. A total rip-off." I couldn't agree more.

First five chapters make you think that this novel is about psychic powers and immortality and maybe even pop up something a little bit philosophical on a minor level.
Couldn't agree more, Mr. Grumpy Cat. Maybe I should have listened to all those people who tagged this book as 'worst book ever'. But if to tell the truth, I've read worse. And I'm not talking about Twilight.

But still, the plot mostly is all about the undying love. Are you fucking kidding me? First, we have vampires with their own undying love but... seriously, we don't need more people who can love somebody forever like they are blind folded.

Writing:
Too simple. Way too simple.

EverStupid Bloom:
Bella Duck strikes again with a cosplay of a blonde girl. I needed some pain killers because the narration was really painful for my brain.

Ever was popular and had a great boyfriend and a best friend and bla bla bla, until her family is killed in a car accident. Since that day, she always blames herself but never says she misses them. She starts wearing dark hoodies and hiding her beauty to punish herself. And I'm sitting by the barbecue, ready to throw this book into the fire.

Ever always talks about two things: 1)her family being killed; 2)Damen, and how she totally doesn't like him.

Yeah, right.
Ever is being all moe around him, kissing him randomly and shit, and all she says 'I can't see his aura! How can it be if he's not dead?'

Didn't you think for even a moment that he's actually a zombie? It's the fucking prequel to Warm Bodies with a psychic girl included!

And psychic my ass! Seeing auras and ghost is just a little excuse to make her a 'special snowflake'.

Damen Sparkles:
Tell me this book is nothing like Twilight and I'll roll my eyes. In the millionth time since I started reading this book.

Damen was that guy. No, not the swoon worthy one. I mean the guy who is just there for the mystery, when there's nothing amazing about him. yeah, you're a thousand years old. No, it's sooo not pedophilia! Damn it, don't you believe me?

Sidekicks of BoringLand:
Wow, stereotypes do die hard.

Ever's new friends were the biggest stereotypes for a goth and a gay: a girl who is seeking for attention and love and a guy who is a wuss and girly.

Not all goths are attention seekers and not all gays are pussies! It's like saying all Italians love coffee or all French people are erotic and perverted! Even when using stereotypes, can you please give some depth to this characters? I want to enjoy the company of those friends while reading the book, not choke them out of blind rage.

And not only Haven and Miles are the one who annoyed me. Guess who? That's right, the little, annoying brat that goes by the name Riley.

Riley is Ever's little ghost sister, who trolls her sister all the time and acts like a seven years old. She all the time comments about the most stupid things, and if Ever wasn't enough, bam! Family set of characters that are annoying you to death!

Overall:
I couldn't stand this book! I will just pretend I never read it and move on to The Soul Seekers (which I do like, kinda) and Noel's stand alones.

0 STARS

Liked:
-what?

Disliked:
-everything


No comments:

Post a Comment